Do you have a big head? Could you be labeled an egotist, a show-off, a blowhard, a big talker, an arrogant snob, a know-it-all? If your ego can’t fit through the door, it may be hurting you in ways you’ve never imagined. The following list provides 36 signs that indicate your ego might be out of control. Do you have a big head?
36 Signs Your Ego Is Out of Control
- Blow your own horn?
- Think you’re better than everyone else?
- Always want to be the center of attention?
- Believe that rules don’t apply to you?
- Dominate conversations?
- Make fun of people who are less fortunate?
- Always have to be right?
- Go straight to the front of the line?
- Show off expensive merchandise?
- Think you know all there is to know?
- Look down your nose at others?
- Steer every conversation your way?
- Believe you can do no wrong?
- Refuse to accept advice or be told what to do?
- Try to set yourself above others?
- Refuse to admit you may be part of the problem?
- Talk about money, nonstop?
- Refuse to let people into your clique?
- Post selfies — all the time?
- Refuse to apologize?
- Require people to wait on you hand and foot?
- Put others down?
- Think no one else played a role in your success?
- Believe your own PR?
- Think you’re too important to give others the time of day?
- Dodge mistakes rather than learn from them?
- Interrupt others?
- Think you have all the answers?
- Disregard what others think? (What do they know anyhow!)
- Worry more about appearance than reality?
- Treat every disagreement as a threat to your intelligence?
- Force your viewpoint on others?
- Think low-skilled work is beneath you?
- Play one-upmanship every chance you get?
- Feel like you always have something to prove?
- Refuse to think this list applies to you?
How high did you score?
Is Your Ego Out of Control?
Please leave a comment and tell us what you think or share it with someone who can benefit from the information.