When was the last time you paused to reflect on your life? You’re too busy for that, right? Wouldn’t you like to know if you should continue full speed ahead or if you’re veering off course? Here are 35 questions to inspire soul searching. They will help you identify your values, discover your driving forces, challenge your behavior, and determine whether you should recalibrate your direction. Finding the right answer begins with the right question.
35 Questions to Inspire Soul Searching
- Do you give it your best or do just enough to squeak by?
- Do you place more value on relationships or things?
- Do you spend more time thinking ahead or reliving the past?
- Do you define good or let others define it for you?
- What wouldn’t you do for money?
- How is the public you different from the private you?
- Do you make as much effort exercising your mind as your body?
- Are you a good role model?
- Would you choose to be friends with yourself?
- What criteria do you use to determine happiness?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Is your reputation overrated or underrated?
- What are your top priorities? (Do you treat them accordingly?)
- What are the most valuable lessons that you’ve learned?
- Would you compromise your integrity to get what you want?
- Are you a giver or a taker?
- Do you think for yourself or follow the pack?
- If someone wrote your biography, what would it be called?
- What mistakes have you made more than once?
- Are you more likely to accept responsibility or to blame others for your disappointments?
- Do you generally try to satisfy others or to please yourself?
- Is it more important for you to be liked by others or by yourself?
- Do you buy things because you want them or because you need them?
- Do you chart your own course or go with the flow?
- How do you know if you’re being true to your values or veering off course?
- Would you rather be successful or happy?
- Do you appreciate what you have or do you take things for granted?
- Who are your role models? What makes them special?
- Are you proud of the way you live your life?
- Are you living up to your full potential?
- What’s holding you back?
- What do you wish others knew about you?
- If you could live your life again, what would you do differently?
- If you could accomplish one more thing, what would it be?
- How do you want to be remembered?
This is an excerpt from Listen to Your Conscience: That’s Why You Have One by Frank Sonnenberg.
What Questions Would You Add that Inspire Soul Searching?
Please leave a comment and tell us what you think or share it with someone who can benefit from the information.
Your Happiness Lies in the Balance
Never Lower Your Personal Standards. Never!
Mental Barriers: What’s Holding You Back?
10 Critical Rules for Living a Happy Life
Are You Busy Beyond Belief?
The Secret to True Happiness