Your habits are probably so ingrained that you rarely think about your behavior — or the choices that you make. How’s that working for you? The truth is that choices are easy. The tough part is living with them. This is a test to help you determine whether you’re on track or veering off course. Give these questions some thought. After all, your life is determined by the sum of the choices that you make.
30 Questions to Inspire Self-Reflection
Finding the right answers begins with the right questions. Do you:
- Try to be the same person in public that you are in private?
- Value things more than relationships?
- Focus more on your outer looks or your inner qualities?
- Worry about things or actively make them better?
- Do your best or just enough to get by?
- Run yourself ragged or focus on what matters?
- Demand trust from people or work hard to earn it?
- Stand up for things that you believe in or let your silence be heard?
- Care whether you earn rewards or just whether you receive them?
- Spend more time complaining or offering solutions?
- Take things for granted or count your blessings?
- Spend more time doing what you have-to or doing what you want-to?
- Volunteer others or raise your own hand?
- Give advice but fail to follow your own guidance?
- Follow the pack or listen to your conscience?
- Have a to-be list as well as a to-do list?
- Spend more time criticizing others or improving yourself?
- Penalize some folks for wrongdoings, yet look the other way for others?
- Care more about how you’re viewed by others or how you view yourself?
- Make excuses for shortfalls or take the needed steps to make things better?
- Identify as a member of a group or view yourself as a unique individual?
- Accept the consequences of your actions or blame others for your situation?
- Spend more time thinking about what you’re going to do or actually doing it?
- Lecture people about morality or lead by example?
- Listen to your conscience or give yourself the silent treatment?
- Prescribe tolerance but fail to take your own medicine?
- Spend as much time exercising your mind as your body?
- Hope your kids will be just like you or pray that they won’t?
- Think you’re on your way up or know you’re on your way down?
- Do what’s easy or what’s right?
Now that you’ve answered these questions, what are you going to do about it? It’s your life to live. Own it!
Are You On Track or Veering Off Course?
Please leave a comment and tell us what you think or share it with someone who can benefit from the information.
6 Ways to Know You Need a Course Correction
Take Ownership by Taking Responsibility
Living Life With a Purpose
Make Good Choices
Karma: Make Your Own Luck
45 Questions Every Leader Should Answer