Some people are a train wreck about to happen. They’re greedy and self-absorbed, and they routinely make unforced errors. To make matters worse, they lack proper scruples and have a lousy attitude to boot. (Ugh.) It’s like they can’t seem to get out of their own way. Do you know anyone who’s a train wreck about to happen? Are you a train wreck?
People who are train wrecks:
- Bring out the worst in people.
- Wallow in self-pity.
- Think the world revolves around them.
- Expect others to bail them out.
- Lie so much that they don’t even know the truth anymore.
- Worship money like it’s the only thing in life.
- Dodge work even though others must shoulder the burden.
- Demand rewards without earning them.
- Blame others for their problems, mistakes, and circumstances.
- Spend their way into oblivion — and then complain that they don’t have money.
- Lay around expecting others to do things for them.
- Talk relentlessly, but rarely listen.
- Criticize others, but rarely take a good hard look at themselves.
- Refuse to make the commitment, but then complain about the outcome.
- Look down their nose at people.
- Make promises, but never keep them — even promises to themselves.
- Run away from problems.
- Do just enough to get by.
- Surround themselves with toxic people.
- Think complaining is productive.
- Go to extremes to get what they want.
- Pressure people to conform to their values — and then preach the importance of tolerance.
- Sell out their friends to further their goals.
- Bully people to feed their ego.
- Request help to avoid doing the work.
- Resent others for achieving success — even though it was earned.
- Overlook the good in their life because they’re so obsessed with more, more, more.
- Do anything to win acceptance, even if it’s at the expense of others.
- Mistrust everyone because they don’t trust themselves.
- Become so obsessed with revenge that they lose sight of everything else.
- Worry so much about tomorrow that they’re miserable today.
- Think they know it all, so there’s nothing more they can learn.
- Spend more time complaining than doing something about it.
- Believe everything they hear without a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Treat others kinder than they treat themselves.
- Convince themselves the cards are stacked against them — so they stop trying.
- Look the other way to cover up unethical behavior.
- Defame their reputation due to reckless behavior.
- Give in to temptation — and lose everything they care about as a result.
- Set the bar so low they can trip on it.
- Secure short-term wins at the expense of long-term relationships.
- Let their ego talk them into complacency.
- Blame others for their mistakes in lieu of accepting personal responsibility.
- Shoot from the hip until they shoot themselves in the foot.
- Follow the crowd without looking where they’re going.
- Brag about accomplishments — achieved decades ago.
- Make risky bets until they lose it all.
- Obey rules blindly.
- Compromise their values and lose their self-respect.
- Think this list doesn’t apply to them.
Do any of the above behaviors apply to you? Here’s a little tidbit for you: There are two things that these fifty items have in common — they involve your mindset or attitude. That said, these behaviors aren’t imposed on you; you have complete control over them. You don’t have to be a train wreck unless that’s what you want to be. It’s your choice. Give that some thought.
Are You a Train Wreck?
Please leave a comment and tell us what you think or share it with someone who can benefit from the information.
Do You Have a Healthy Mindset?
Selfish People Are Losers
Mediocre Behavior Is a Choice
Do You Let Envy Get the Better of You?
16 Types of Toxic People
Do You Have a Victim Mentality?