Everyone is born with the potential for greatness. What happens next is up to you. You get to choose which path you take, how high to set the bar for yourself, and how hard you’re willing to work to clear it. You get to decide how to spend your time, who to spend it with, and what you’re willing to forgo when time runs short. Every choice that you make and every action that you take has consequences, but who better to decide what’s best for you –– than you. You, and you alone, determine your destiny.
Choices have trade-offs. By definition, a choice is an either-or decision. As such, every time you choose one direction, you’re also choosing not to take an alternate path. In other words, saying “no” to one idea enables you to say “yes” to another. The key is to choose wisely. Your destiny depends on it.
- Make things happen or wait to be told what to do?
- Invest in your personal growth or count on others to train you?
- Ask for help as a last resort or see it as your first option?
- Accept responsibility when things go wrong or look for others to blame?
- Power through tough times or quit when things become difficult?
- Form your own opinions or gauge what others think first?
- Accept the consequences of your actions or expect others to bail you out?
- Make your own decisions or lean on others?
- Trust your judgment or believe that others know better?
- Embrace a healthy lifestyle or expect a magic pill to be a quick fix?
- Accept responsibility for misfortune or play the helpless victim?
- Learn from the school of hard knocks or live a sheltered life?
- View feedback as a learning opportunity or sulk and get defensive?
- Remain true to your values or give in to peer pressure?
- Surround yourself with positive people or let toxic influences drag you down?
- Make yourself proud or seek acceptance from others?
- Identify solutions to make things better or constantly complain how bad they are?
- Earn your rewards or feel entitled to them?
- Step out of your comfort zone or allow naysayers to hold you back?
- Define acceptable standards of behavior for yourself or allow others to set them for you?
Make good choices. A wise person once said, “When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen.” It’s your choice. Your destiny. Own it!
How Are Your Choices Shaping Your Destiny?
Please leave a comment and tell us what you think or share it with someone who can benefit from the information.
Make Good Choices
The Easy Way May Be the Hard Way
Living Life With a Purpose
Are You Blurring the Line Between Right and Wrong?
Choices Are Easy. The Tough Part is Living with Them
Mediocre Behavior Is a Choice